ShareThis

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mating pair of giraffe weevils

A mating pair of  giraffe weevil / long necked beetle, Paracycnotrachelus sp.

Ever since i spotted my first giraffe weevil back in March 8, 2008, I have been on the look out for for a mating pair.

Finally, I got lucky on Oct 9, 2010.

We found not just one but  two mating pairs on that day!
IMG_9969 copy



mating pair of giraffe weevils IMG_9899 copy

mating pair of giraffe weevils IMG_9901 copy

mating pair of giraffe weevils IMG_9996 copy

If you search "giraffe weevil" on google.com, you can actually find my first giraffe weevil image right on top of the result page! I think it's a sign that I have shot too many of these super cute giraffe weevils.

Oh, you can view the mating animation here:

I have also blogged about: 

Giraffe Weevil and its host plant Bridelia tomentosa 


and


Giraffe Weevil Building Nest & Laying Egg

Related Posts with Thumbnails