ShareThis

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Lantern fly

Another lantern fly added to my collection. The species count now stands at 9. It is not exactly a new species for me since I had photographed a nymph of this lovely Zanna sp. back in Oct 3, 2009. Yes, it took me a little more than three years before I finally had the luck to come across an adult Zanna sp. lantern fly!

I spent 4 hours and took like 300 images of this exotic beauty!

All images taken with a Sigma 150mm, 1.4x Kenko teleconverter and cheap tripod, fully natural light. (except the nymph images)

Adult of Zanna sp.
lantern fly of malaysia - zanna sp. adult IMG_1394 copy

lantern fly of malaysia, zanna sp. adult IMG_1512 copy

Zanna sp. and a Polyrhachis sp. ant.
lantern fly of malaysia, zanna sp. and a polyrhachis ant IMG_1472 copy

Zanna sp. and two Polyrhachis sp. ants
lantern fly of malaysia - zanna sp. and two polyrhachis ants IMG_1402 copy

The nymph
lantern fly of malaysia, Zanna terminalis nymph (IMG_9249copy)

lantern bug of malaysia zanna sp. IMG_9228web

lantern fly of malaysia, zanna sp. IMG_9217web

My complete collection of these beautiful lantern flies / lantern bugs of Malaysia is here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails